Keeping Your Pets Healthy
So Here’sThe Question on Your Pets Nutritional Health:
What Does Holistic Mean?
Is the word ‘Holistic’ marketing hype when it comes to pet food? The short answer is that it can be. There is no legal definition for the term ‘Holistic’ so companies can use it as they wish. What you need to do is read into the label and past the title to find out what holistic means for that particular product. Does the term All Natural mean what its stating?
This is what I found in an article after doing research on holistic and Organic meanings:
- Only natural ingredients are used. No chemicals or artificial anything. No antibiotics, hormones, pesticides or dyes.
- The pet food uses whole grains, fruits and vegetables. No processed parts or by-products of ingredients.
- The ingredients chosen for the recipe are selected to benefit the animal. They are not there to make the food more appealing to the pet owner or to entice your pet to eat something they normally would not.
- The food contains enhanced vitamins and chelated / proteinated minerals.
We all know the benefits of eating a healthy diet. Make sure to read the label and not just go for the best sounding name or prettiest bag!
The Benefits Of Holistic Pet Food
1. Reduction of skin ailments and allergies.If your dog suffers from allergies or an irritating skin condition, you’ve probably tried “everything” hoping to provide your pet some relief.Special dips, sprays, shampoos, creams and medications may or may not help.Premium brands of dog food recommended by vets still leave some dogs scratching or bald.Why doesn’t anything work, and why should organic food be any different?
2. Organic dog food may provide your pet with the best chance combating skin infections and allergies long term.It is free of artificial colors and flavor enhancers, chemical additives and toxic pesticides that could be the source of your dog’s allergies.Organic dog food contains quality protein and grain sources of exceptional nutritional value.This supports your dog’s immune system to help build resistance to skin infections.
3. Fewer digestive disorders. Superior sources of grains and proteins and a lack of chemicals and artificial substances makes organic dog food more digestible.If your dog vomits occasionally after meals or commonly experiences gas, bloating or diarrhea, check with your veterinarian for underlying illness.In the absence of another cause, feed your dog and organic diet and you’ll both enjoy the improvements!Once again, it is the superior nutritional value of organic dog food that can make a difference.Since it is naturally more nutritious, many owners report their dogs eat less organic dog food than other commercial varieties.Organic food doesn’t contain bulk-fillers, so your dog consumes only what it needs to maintain healthy energy levels and life functions.It probably tastes better to your dog, too!Dogs feel more satiated eating smaller amounts of tasty, nutrient-dense foods.An organic diet can help your dog lose weight and exercise more.Easily digestible oats, barley or other natural whole grains and human-grade turkey, lamb or chicken make a tremendous difference to your dog’s digestive system.Rather than consuming corn or other bulk fillers and chemical additives, your dog will ingest only what it needs for healthy metabolic functioning.Dogs eat and eliminate less when they are on an organic diet.They tend to have more predictable bowel movements with firm, less smelly stools.
4. Better overall health and stronger immunity.Even if you dog doesn’t suffer from skin ailments, obesity or digestive problems, an organic diet can still be of benefit.
Although nearly every brand of dog food claims to be “nutritionally complete,” most veterinarians still recommend “premium” brands of dog food over “grocery store” varieties.At the heart of the matter is and always has been the better nutritional value of the premium brands.
Pay attention to whats on a label especially if it states made in USA,First it must say complete and balanced not just all natural. A big thing is Pet food makers don’t have to disclosed where they get there ingredients from. Ingredients can be bought separately then all combined in and say made in USA.
Organic dog food provides better quality sources of nutritional substances than even the non-organic, premium brands.It is more digestible for dogs.One final, key factor is that because it is more digestible, dogs are likely to absorb rather than eliminate more of the nutrients they require to maintain a healthy immune system. Boosting your dog’s immunity may help prevent costly infections and illnesses that require veterinarian care.
5. Quality of Life and Longevity.Just as the quality of your diet affects the quality of your life, what you feed your dog will have a direct impact on how he or she looks, feels, and acts.By feeding organic food you can help ensure your dog lives a long, happy and healthy life.It is one ingredient in an overall healthy lifestyle you can help your dog enjoy.A luxurious, shiny coat, energy to run and play, a healthy weight and a strong immune system can maximize your dog’s life expectancy and quality of life into old age.
There is alot of Company’s out there promoting All Natural Organic and Holistic pet Foods
So how do you choose a Pet food?
Lets take a Look at Premium Holistic Pet Food Makers ,There are many manufacturers that make premium brand pet foods. Some say all natural,some say Holistic.There are Grain Free foods as well as Gluten Free. How do you determine your pets specific needs are?
You have to buy what your dogs needs are. Like adult breeds and puppy breeds. Do they have allergies,Do they require weight loss?